Socialist Alternative Demands:
- Indict the cops whose actions led to Freddie Gray’s death. Police Commissioner Batts should resign now. Drop the charges against arrested protesters.
- End “broken windows” and “stop and frisk” policing with elected civilian boards with full powers over the police. Independent anti-racist candidates from community organizations and unions should run for these boards. End the policies which have led to mass incarceration of black youth.
- Stop the militarization of the police! For the billions being spent on police weapons to be put towards schools, child care, health care and other community services.
- For economic justice! For a $15 an hour minimum wage, guaranteed jobs for all, and a massive investment in public education and transit paid for by taxes on the super-rich and corporations.
- Build mass protests against racism and poverty! For community organizations, unions and socialists to come together in coalitions to build coordinated days of action alongside “Black Lives Matter” for racial and economic justice.
- All out on April 29th in solidarity with the people of Baltimore! Use May Day to step up the pressure! The whole system is guilty!